Physiotherapy clinic MUH
Physiotherapy Clinic MUH
Criteria for Physiotherapy Review Clinic
- Acute joint & soft tissue injury
- Ligamentous injury with no associated bony injury
- Muscle haematoma
Purpose of Physiotherapy ED Review Clinic
- Early assessment of injury
- Advice & education
- Teach basic exercises, stretches & gait re-education as appropriate to facilitate return to activity
- Refer for further outpatient physiotherapy if necessary
- Refer back if further investigation / management needed
- Treatment and discharge
- Medics will give patient a Referral form ED reception will book the patient into the review clinic via iPM
- Physiotherapist will work alongside Consultant allowing communication and joint management of injuries
- Initially will run Monday and Friday mornings – 9 – 12.30pm.
- Physiotherapist will be responsible for booking/arranging outpatient physiotherapy if required.
Content By Dr Íomhar O' Sullivan 13/07/2016. Last review Dr ÍOS 13/11/18.