Sexual Assault Unit SIVUHSATU Info & referral form
Staff at the Sexual Assault Treatment Unit in the South Infirmary/Victoria University Hospital are committed to providing the highest quality service to all their clients in a sensitive, appropriate and non-judgemental way. Their focus is on the safety, physical and psychological needs of our clients and their right to privacy and confidentiality. Their informed decision will be respected at every stage of the process and their sense of personal control will be supported and encouraged.
The unit provides a comprehensive and coordinated forensic and medical after-care service to both males and females of 14 years and upwards, who have experienced rape or sexual assault within the last 7 days. It is a free and confidential service and can be accessed via the Gardaí, GP, Rape Crisis Centre, Emergency Department or self-referral.
Services provided include:
- A dedicated unit where clients who have experienced Rape or Sexual Assault can be examined and treated in a holistic way
- Emotional and practical support consistent with the wishes of the individual
- Liaison with the Sexual Violence Centre according to the client's wishes
- Assist and support clients by appropriate provision of information, liaison, referrals and advocacy
- Forensic medical examination
- Post coital contraception and pregnancy testing service
- Screening for sexually transmitted infections
- Answering queries from rape victims and their relatives and directing them to the appropriate services i.e. Gardaí, Sexual Violence Centre, Social Work Dept. and Oss Cork (domestic violence)
- SATU Info & referral form
S.A.T.U. is located in the Victoria wing, adjacent to the G.U.M./S.T.D. clinic and can be accessed from the main link corridor or through the Victoria car park.
Staff contact details:
Finola Tobin, CNM 2.
Marian Kavanagh, Secretary. Tel: 021 4926100 Fax: 021 4310153 Email email@example.com Web: www.sivuh.ie
Opening hours : Open 365 days, 0830hrs – 1630hrs, Monday – Friday, on site, Thereafter on call.
How to refer: Monday – Friday, 0830-1630 hrs. Contact Finola Tobin 4926297 or Bleep 789. Out of hours please contact Nursing Admin. (021) 4926100. If the client is deemed unfit to travel due to injuries sustained, SATU team can attend the ED. Only call the team when the client has been medically sorted out so that they can do the Forensic examination without any interruption.