Patients Going to a Rapid Response Bed in Montenotte Care Centre
- Patients over 65 and Medical Card holders
- Patients who do not require acute hospital admission
- Patients who need short term crisis intervention only.
- Contact the Social Worker on duty who will contact Bernie Buckley, Asst. Project Manager. (087-1235057)
- On weekends and after 16:30 the CNM2 on duty will phone the identified contact person on duty in Montenotte to arrange a bed
- Bernie Buckley will identify this contact person each day before going off duty
- When Bernie Buckley has assessed the patient, gives confirmation of the transfer and has obtained the consent of the patient to transfer the CNM2 on duty must:
- Photocopy the Nursing care Plan for transfer.
- Fax a prescription to Montenotte ahead of the patient and transfer
the original script with patient.
- Supply drugs on transfer at weekends and after 16:00 hours on weekdays.
- Doctor on duty to write a discharge letter & sign the discharge section on the CSRR-S Form.
- The CSRR-S Form will be completed by Bernie Buckley when she
is on duty. It can be transferred incomplete at weekends and she
will follow up.
Bed management must be made aware of patients occupying these Rapid Response beds. If the patient should become unwell. The doctor on duty should phone the admission office for admission to a bed direct.
Patients can go by family car on if family is unavailable in a hospital taxi with a Care Assistant. Ambulance transport only is absolutely necessary and the CNM2 to decide.
Contents by Catherine O' Mahony (GP Liaison Nurse, ED, CUH), Dr Íomhar O' Sullivan 12/10/2005. Reviewed by Dr ÍOS 23/05/2006, 03/07/2007. Last review Dr ÍOS