- Swollen, visible medium skin veins
- Reticular mottled purplish discolouration of legs
- Coagulation (skin and pregnancy related)
- Exacerbated by cold weather
- Blood dyscrasia
- Positive anti-phospholipid antibodies
- ± anticardiolipin antibodies
- Dx confirmed by biopsy
- Benign. Young women. Winter only.
- SLE, RA, PAN
- Clotting (anti-phospholipid syndrome)
- If no acute thrombotic complication: refer GP to arrange OPD
- Eliminate risks (smoking, OCP, hypertension, ± Statin)
- Aspirin in most
- Warfarin if thrombotic state
Content by Dr Íomhar O' Sullivan 07/12/2011. Last review Dr ÍOS 4/12/18.