For reduction of shoulder dislocations
- For ALL adult sedations, complete a sedation record sheet.
- Please do not sedate any children without being signed off on our paediatric sedation course.
- Entonox alone or appropriately delivered nitrous oxide is sufficient for most dislocations.
- Rarely, intravenous opiate/sedative analgesia may be needed.
- In children we use N2O or ketamine sedation.
- Please "Browse Topics" above to the procedures ⇒ sedation section.
Contents by Dr Íomhar O' Sullivan 19/05/2005. Reviewed by Dr ÍOS 25/05/2006, 24/05/2007. Next review 24/05/2008