Background - FITT team
Pilot intervention running in CUH ED since January 7th 2019.
The Team consists of:
- Senior Occupational Therapist – Kara Mc Loughlin
- Senior Physiotherapist- Louise Martin
- To aim for early identification and assessment of people over 75 for frailty.
- To aim for admission avoidance for patients who present to the Emergency Department (ED) >75 years old.
- To aim to discharge patients home, with follow up by the most appropriate available community services in their own geographical area.
- To identify frailty markers earlier in order to enable an integrated health promotion/prevention approach with the patient’s community services and/or acute services.
- To increase awareness of delirium & delirium assessment within the ED setting.
- To commence early therapy input and assessment to decrease LOS.
8.30am – 4.30pm Monday to Friday
Areas covered by the FIT team:
Acute Medical Assessment Unit
All patients that present to the Emergency Department that are >75 years old.
CUH Referral Pathway
Telephone FITT mobiles:
FITT stickers on the ED board-place next to patients name.
- Patients >75 in Resus
- Need for ICU/HDU bed
- Suspected new stroke/TIA
- Trauma with suspected unidentified fracture
- Head injury with LOC
- Acute abdominal pain with collapse/active GI bleed
- Chest pain/suspected MI
- Clear need for other speciality