Paediatric referrals CUH
Paediatric Referrals CUH
- All referrals for admissions should be phoned through to Paediatric Registrar. Paediatric SHO may admit patient
- All grey cases should be discussed with EM SpR/Consultant prior to contact with Paediatric Registrar between 8am-5pm
- After hours, PEM SHO to directly discuss all < 1 year olds & grey cases directly with Paediatric Registrar on call prior to discharge
- In absence of PEM SHO, *EM senior to review all under 1 year olds (>3 months age). Strongly consider Paediatric Registrar review of infants between 3-6 months of age
- ALL infants < 3 months of age presenting to the PED out of hours to be seen by EM SHO and must then be reviewed by Paediatric Registrar on call.
- In the absence of PEM SHO, all grey cases to be discussed by EM SHO with *EM senior prior to contact with Paediatric Registrar
- Low threshold for EM Senior to discuss infants > 6 months with Paediatric Registrar on call
Content by Dr Nandini Kandamany, Dr Íomhar O' Sullivan 21/04/2015. Last review Dr ÍOS 31/08/22.