Cork Emergency Departments
Your child has vomiting or diarrhoea
- Your child will be seen as soon as possible
- In the meantime, start using the cup and syringe as told by the nurse (see box below)
- Write on the sheet when you gave the fluid and how much your child takes.
The following things may indicate dehydration (body becoming too dry)
- Looking more unwell
- Changing responsiveness (for example more grumpy, more tired)
- less Urine (not wetting nappy as much or less wee)
- pale or mottled skin, cold hands or feet
You should contact a doctor or nurse if these things develop.